Sunday, November 17, 2013

Marching Fort wall section (part 8)

Well, I think I'm finished the dry brushing for the stockade. My first attempts came out too uniform to look like random logs strapped together, so in the end I went with more of a stippling technique.

A couple of close-ups:

Here are a couple of shots with the stockade in the earth berm:

Overall I'm pretty happy. It seems a bit anachronistic though. It looks kind of like I've got a freshly made earth berm and some ancient logs. I may go back and darken the earth and lighten the logs. We'll see...

Next up some matte varnish and then static grass and a few tufts.


  1. Very nicely done, they certainly look the business.

  2. Looks good. Interesting that you kept them separate for painting. I would have built it all together and then painted it.

    1. I left them apart since the pumice is so messy work with and also for ease of painting. I realize now that I will likely have some gaps between the groundwork and the stockade. Hopefully they won't be too noticeable...