I think the first three levy are done! Well, except for the spears and shields. And bases. Well, OK they're not done, but the painting is.
I think I went a bit heavy on the wash. I'll try going lighter with the next bunch. I realized after I'd stained and matte coated them that I forgot to paint the metallic bits on their belts. So I hit them with some AP Plate Mail and then some diluted AP Dark Tone ink.
I told myself I wasn't going to mess with the eyes this time around as it seemed to fiddly for my first attempt. But when I showed them to my wife she said they looked like zombies, so I gave them a prick with a Staedtler pigment liner (0.1mm). They look better, but still a little off. I may try to put some white paint down first next time. Or heck, even leave the eyeballs with just the white primer.
Next stop weapons, shields, and bases. I may prime up the rest of the levy while those experiments go on. I've also got a powerful hankering to mess around with some foam core buildings. Must... Stay... Focused...